This recipe is my own take on Dr. Lim’s Mochiko Krispies from his book Feed Zone Portables. I wanted some bars that I could make in 5 minutes or less and would be perfect ride food for interval workouts or criteriums. I make these and give them out at the Driveway Series every Thursday night during the season. TRA.BAR’s are easy to make so try them out and let me know what you think in the comment section below.
- Pour everything but the puffed rice into a microwave-safe mixing bowl and incorporate.
- Microwave on high for 1 minutes
- Take out the bowl and stir the melted chocolate until the mixture is an even brown color.
- Microwave the mixture on high again for 1.5 minutes
- Now fold in the 2 cups of puffed rice.
- Plop into a 8×8 brownie pan lined with parchment paper and let cool for 15 minutes before cutting.
- Cut into 9 even squares
- (Optional) Coat in shredded coconut
- Wrap them up!
Share this Post
Shane Traughber is a sports nutritionist that focuses on helping endurance athletes of all skill levels acquire the nutritional knowledge needed to perform at their peak physical and mental ability.